Based on experience
Job Description – Cyber Defence Consultant
RiverSafe is a premier Security Consultancy with a proven track record of delivering security services to a number of FTSE 100 companies. We have established relationships with market leading technology vendors in Cyber Security and Big Data analytics space.
Due to the reliance on technology, there is an increase in the associated risks. Cybersecurity Operations is now high on the priority list for most organisations. Therefore, clients are overwhelmingly turning to RiverSafe for help and guidance on how to protect their assets, minimise business disruption and improve security.
Our clients place enormous trust and confidence in our expertise which has resulted in them often asking for our input outside the strict area of cybersecurity; typically, general systems architecture and operations.
At RiverSafe, we have ambitious plans to expand our portfolio by adding Managed Services practice. We continue to build our team and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people with passion for information technology to join us and to be part of our exciting growth strategy.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organisation offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. A position in RiverSafe will give the right candidate the opportunity to work with blue chip clients across EMEA and parts of Africa as our pipeline for work is growing rapidly.
Cyber Defence Consultant
3 years’ experience in cyber security 1 years consulting.
Based on experience
Professional Services Consultants find solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organisation.
Our consultants solve organisation’s most challenging problems, including the ones they didn’t know existed. They are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Successful RiverSafe security consultants feel comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds.
RiverSafe is an incredibly innovative consultancy with a range of offerings which delivers fast time to value for Security, Big Data Analytics, and Operational Intelligence use cases.
The candidate will:
- As a Consultant or Senior Consultant in RiverSafe, you will be working within our Cyber Defence or Big Data Analytics practice and will have exposure to a variety of security technologies delivering security implementations or remediation programmes. Highly motivated, you will be a good communicator with the ability to contribute confidently to technical security discussions with peers and management. You will be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value in working well with others and the value of teamwork. You will have responsibility for-
- Working across a portfolio of cyber engagements with our clients, reporting to a Manager or Senior Manager, responsible for the day-to-day completion of security assessments or technical delivery elements of a security transformation programme.
- Working with team members you will create high quality reports, ready for review by a Manager or Senior Manager.
- Where possible, you will identify opportunities for RiverSafe to assist our clients further and escalate these potential areas to the engagement manager.
- Establishing and building a network of contacts within our clients
- Working with our Service Delivery Team you will assist with the planning and delivery phases of engagements.
- Contributing to the creation of proposals and marketing material
- Ensuring your work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Contributing to the development of the existing team by sharing knowledge, leading by example, and helping team members to develop.
- Minimum 1 year of consulting experience.
- Experience in information and cyber security is essential for this role. A comparable consulting experience is helpful, although RiverSafe will provide ongoing training and support to develop your consulting skills. We therefore welcome applicants with industry experience and skills delivering transformation workstreams, or security remediation work. A broad background across security and experience in 1 or more of the following areas would be beneficial;
- Security transformation programmes – design and management of security solution implementations and / or remediation programmes to address risks across AV, patching, secure build, vulnerability scanning & remediation, logging, and monitoring, & threat management
- Security around emerging technology platforms – primarily Cloud security & Big Data Analytics
- Breach and incident management, design and implementation of breach and major incident management practices
- Experience in working with Internet of Things solutions, in particular working with clients to implement security within these environments.
- Experience in working within agile development environments to embed security successfully into systems prior to product / production release.
- Security architecture – creating secure architecture designs for solutions, designing secure patterns for reuse and the delivery of architectural reviews.
- Previous experience of working with Splunk, Cisco Sourcefire or other SIEM and IPS/IDS products is a must.
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; must be very comfortable on the command line interface.
- Excellent networking fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience and an understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene and knowledge of Mongo, HDFS would be beneficial.
- Solid communication skills and expertise to translate technical jargon into business familiar language.
- Able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organisations.
- Adaptable, able to quickly switch between projects, demands and environments.
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow RiverSafe consultants.
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, Agile, competitive environment.
- Ability to work independently and in group environments.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability & flexibility to travel within EMEA.
- BSc (or relevant work experience) in computer science, cyber-security or a related field including engineering, mathematics, and other STEM subjects
- Industry certifications (CompTIA, MSCA, LPIC) are a bonus.