London (Canary Wharf) Office / hybrid
RiverSafe is a premier Cyber Security consultancy based in the heart of Canary Wharf and we are meeting the huge demand we have seen head on! We have a proven track record of delivering services to a well-known client base including FTSE 100 companies and are partnered with market leading technology vendors including Splunk, Palo Alto, Exabeam and AWS.
A Cyber Defence Principal Consultant finds solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organisation. Our principals solve organisation’s most challenging problems, including the ones they didn’t know existed. They are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Successful RiverSafe security principals feel comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds with experience managing diverse teams and clients. RiverSafe is an incredibly innovative consultancy with a range of offerings which delivers fast time to value for Security, Big Data Analytics, and Operational Intelligence use cases.
- As a Principal Consultant in RiverSafe, you will be working within our Cyber Defence and Big Data practice and will have exposure to a variety of security technologies delivering security implementations or remediation programmes. Highly motivated and experienced in managing teams and engagement with clients, you will be a team player who recognises the value in working and building the experience levels of the teams you manage.
- Working across a portfolio of cyber engagements with our clients and responsible for the day-to-day completion of security assessments or technical delivery elements of a security transformation programme.
- Working with your team members you will create high quality reports, ensuring they meet the high requirements of our customers.
- Where possible, you will identify opportunities for RiverSafe to assist our clients further and escalate these potential areas to the engagement manager.
- Establishing and building a network of contacts within our clients.
- Working with our Service Delivery Team you will assist with the planning and delivery phases of engagements.
- Contributing to the creation of proposals and marketing material.
- Ensuring your work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Contributing to the development of the existing team by sharing knowledge, leading by example, and helping team members to develop.
- Experience in managing security consultants.
- Demonstrable consulting experience, trusted advisor, working in partnership with customers and a good relationship builder.
- Previous experience of working with SIEM products like Splunk, Exabeam, ArcSight, Sentinel, Cisco Sourcefire or other IPS/IDS products is essential
- Security transformation programmes – design and management of security solution implementations and / or remediation programmes to address risks across AV, patching, secure build, vulnerability scanning & remediation, logging, and monitoring, & threat management.
- Security around emerging technology platforms – primarily Cloud security & Big Data Analytics.
- Breach and incident management, design and implementation of breach and major incident management practices.
- Experience in working within agile development environments to embed security successfully into systems prior to product / production release.
- Security architecture – creating secure architecture designs for solutions, designing secure patterns for reuse and the delivery of architectural reviews.
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; must be very comfortable on the command line interface.
- Excellent networking fundamentals.
- Solid communication skills and expertise to translate technical jargon into business familiar language
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer’s business.
- Able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organisations.
What We Offer
- Great culture in an exciting and fast-growing company
- Welcoming, modern office with games, and a fully stocked fridge with snacks/drinks
- Regular company socials, events and dinners
- A diverse and collaborate environment where everyone’s opinion matters
- An opportunity to grow and lead the marketing function as the business grows
- Competitive salary
- Paid holiday (22 days + Bank Hols)
- Personal learning & development fund
- Private healthcare – including mental health support and wellbeing reward scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme