Based on experience
Job Description – DevOps Engineer
RiverSafe is a premier Security Consultancy with a proven track record of delivering security services to a number of FTSE 100 companies. We have established relationships with market leading technology vendors in Cyber Security and Big Data analytics space.
Due to the reliance on technology, there is an increase in the associated risks. Cybersecurity Operations is now high on the priority list for most organisations. Therefore, clients are overwhelmingly turning to RiverSafe for help and guidance on how to protect their assets, minimise business disruption and improve security.
Our clients place enormous trust and confidence in our expertise which has resulted in them often asking for our input outside the strict area of cybersecurity; typically, software development, general systems architecture and operations.
At RiverSafe, we have ambitious plans to expand our portfolio and we continue to build our team and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people with passion for information technology to join us and to be part of our exciting growth strategy.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organisation offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. A position in RiverSafe will give the right candidate the opportunity to work with blue chip clients across EMEA as our pipeline for work is growing rapidly.
Engineering and Support
Based on experience
This key role underpins our client’s IT Security and ensures that they are compliant and secure.
You will be a key technical resource for clients, responsible for developing and integrating secure enterprise applications using the latest security technologies to industry and better standards.
The candidate will:
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Development and Integration of user-facing elements
- Implementation of security and data protection best practices
- Integration of data layer solutions
- Technical support, engineering and deployment of portfolio of technologies.
- Actively participate in service and process management meetings.
- Direct involvement with clients to gather requirements and deliver top quality service.
- At least 1 year experience in developing full-stack code using Pythonand industry standard Python frameworks.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Solid grasp of multi-threading in Python and developing API’s.
- Good understanding of service-side coding practices
- Experience within Azure or AWS cloud environments.
- Great understanding of front-end technologies, such as Java, .Net, HTML5.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Usage of CICD processes including the integration of security & quality tooling.
- Able to produce clear documentation to support the development activities.
- Experience in working within modern application development and engineering teams using DevOps & Agile methodologies.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Experience of producing technical documentation and reports.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Solid communication skills and expertise to translate technical jargon into business familiar language.
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer’s business.
- Able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organisations
- Ability to stop to listen and collaborate with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow RiverSafe consultants
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications especially in the area of security.
- BSc (MSc preferred) in computer science, cyber-security or a related field including engineering, mathematics, and other STEM subjects
- Industry certifications are a bonus.