Based on experience
Job Description – DevSecOps Engineer
RiverSafe is a premier Security Consultancy with a proven track record of delivering security services to a number of FTSE 100 companies. We have established relationships with market leading technology vendors in Cyber Security and Big Data analytics space.
Due to the reliance on technology, there is an increase in the associated risks. Cybersecurity Operations is now high on the priority list for most organisations. Therefore, clients are overwhelmingly turning to RiverSafe for help and guidance on how to protect their assets, minimise business disruption and improve security.
Our clients place enormous trust and confidence in our expertise which has resulted in them often asking for our input outside the strict area of cybersecurity; typically, general systems architecture and operations.
At RiverSafe, we have ambitious plans to expand our portfolio by adding Managed Services practice. We continue to build our team and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people with passion for information technology to join us and to be part of our exciting growth strategy.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organisation offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. A position in RiverSafe will give the right candidate the opportunity to work with blue chip clients across EMEA and parts of Africa as our pipeline for work is growing rapidly.
Mid Level 3 years
Engineering and Support
Based on experience
This key role underpins our client’s IT Security and ensures that they are compliant and secure. You will be the expert and advocate for all aspects of security for their applications from development to production release.
You will be a key technical resource for clients, responsible for designing and maintaining secure solutions and delivery systems, ensuring services are configured securely according to industry standards. You will possess great communication skills and able to explain technical matters concisely. You will bring the latest knowledge of threat modelling, risk assessment techniques, code reviews, current best practices, and the latest cybersecurity threats.
The candidate will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of key services within our customers environment.
- Work in technical projects design and implementation of security systems.
- Perform data analysis and conduct forensic investigations when required.
- Promote a healthy security culture by providing knowledge and support to our customers and help create secure by design products and services.
- 3 years of experience working in DevOps/Security culture.
- Good Knowledge of security best practices for client-server product architectures, focusing predominantly on cloud-based server development.
- Experience working on Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure and GCP)
- 3 years Programming experience in Python.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Usage of CICD processes including the integration of security & quality tooling.
- Knowledge of DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Azure DevOps)
- Security Scanning tools (Static Code Analysis, Opensource and Container Scanning tools).
- Exposure to SIEM Tools such as Splunk/Log Analytics/Elastic/Exabeam.
- Able to produce clear documentation to support the development activities.
- Experience in working within modern application development and engineering teams using DevOps & Agile methodologies.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.
- Experience of producing technical documentation and reports.
- Self-motivated, proactive, driven individual with strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid communication skills and expertise to translate technical jargon into business familiar language.
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer’s business.
- Adaptable, able to quickly switch between projects, demands and environments.
- Stakeholder management and business awareness skills, ability to understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organisations.
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow RiverSafe consultants.
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency; able to set, communicate and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities.
- Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments, good familiarity with regulations like PCI and SOX.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, Agile, competitive environment.
- Ability to work independently and in group environments
- BSc (or relevant work experience) in computer science, cyber-security or a related field including engineering, mathematics, and other STEM subjects
- Industry certifications (CompTIA, MSCA, LPIC) are a bonus.